The NAS has posted (and is regularly updating) a Covid-19 Emergency advice page for allotment societies and their members, which covers how allotment holders should act in order to maintain the government regulations on social distancing.
The committee asks that in order to help and support each other (and to keep allotments everywhere open for use under the ‘exercise’ clause of the regulations) all allotment holders observe and follow the regulations, particularly the following precautionary measures:
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly.
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks.
- DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart CLICK HERE for guidance.
- Observe Social Distancing with each other 2-3 metres.
- If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces.
- Do not share tools.
- Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes.
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs.
- Click here for guidance if you do need to clean an area that has been visited by an infected person.
Thank you very much everyone. Stay safe, stay well!